OPEN CALL FOR RESOURCE MOBILISATION EXPERT
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Starting Date: 1st February, 2024
Application Deadline: 15th January, 2024
Duration of contract: 2 Years(renewable)
Overall reporting to: Executive Director
Languages required: English and any other language
Location: CEJ Head Office, Lusaka-Zambia, or Country of residency
Centre for Environment Justice (CEJ) is an outstanding institution with its own unique identity and a proud distinct history in Zambia, Southern Africa. CEJ is a non-governmental organization established in 2010 whose mandate is to create platforms and processes that promote environmental justice for most vulnerable people in society. Anchored on this mandate, CEJ fosters access to quality and accurate information on environmental protection, extractive industries, sustainable energy, climate change, water security and agriculture with the ultimate aim of enhancing accountability for better decision making and sustainable development as well as a support safe and adaptive environment as basic fundamental human rights to having a better and prosperous livelihood.
2. THE OPPORTUNITY
The purpose of this call is to identify a Resource Mobilization Expert to help us grow Centre for Environment Justice funding and partnerships at country office level in Zambia.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and support of the three Heads of Departments (Programmes, Research and Finance), the Resource Mobilisation Expert shall lead the fund-raising and resource mobilisation for the implementation of the activities under the organisation 6 -Years Strategic Plan 2023 to 2028 and Environmental Protection Dialogue Strategy 2024 to 2026. The resource mobilisation Expert shall coordinate and arrange all engagements, meetings and activities related to fund generation, fund raising and resource mobilisation.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- To take the lead in identifying corporating partners, funding opportunities, listing them and sharing the information with the Executive Director.
- Coordinate and arrange all engagements, meetings and activities related to fund generation, fund raising and resource mobilisation.
- To assist in developing a fund generation, fund raising and resource mobilization Workplan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan. This involves designing and writing materials for communications with different prospective donors and agencies.
- To assist in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sectors entities, individuals and corporate agencies.
- To ensure that fundraising and resource mobilization information are up to date on the CEJ website.
- To contribute to the production of the CEJ E-Newsletter and distribution to donors, corporating partners particularly highlighting funds generated and resources mobilized.
- To coordinate processing of agreements in connection with funding opportunities and ensure effective and timely follow-up in terms of submission of reports to the donors and grant renewal proposals.
4. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Business Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Experience in trade, finance or commercial sector is added advantage.
Minimum years of relevant experience
- Atleast five (5) to ten (10) years traceable experience in developing fund-raising strategy and institutional resource mobilisation, understanding of the development sector and grants management.
- A proven track record of fundraising from private sectors entities, individuals and corporate agencies.
- Candidate must not have criminal record.
5. COMPETENCES AND PERSONAL VALUES
- Attention to detail
- Staying calm at all times
- Excellent Time Management
- Ability to creatively solve problems
- Negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
- Good analytical skills in developing and implementing resource mobilization strategies
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Initiative taker, self-motivation and a commitment to continuously work results oriented
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use a variety of software particularly Excel.
- 10 years international experience in trade, finance or commercial sector
- Must have overall understanding of the Civil society landscape and work processes.
- Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with the organization’s objectives, based on systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities. Linking the vision of the organization to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions.
- Demonstrate focus on achieving quality results and impact; Consistently strive to meet or exceed excellence standards.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and information to non-technical audiences.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
6. APPLICATION PROCESS
Please read the following instructions carefully before applying:
- The opportunity is an Open Call to BOTH Local and International experts.
- Only candidates meeting the above minimum criterial need to apply.
- Candidate must send cover letter, updated resume indicating all past experience, as well as the contact details and most recent three (3) professional references.
- Brief description of why the applicant considers her/himself as the most suitable for the position.
- The required key competencies must be demonstrated in the resume.
- Only Applications sent via email will be accepted with the following subject: “APPLICATION: CEJ RESOURCE MOBILISATION EXPERT”.
- Applications must be addressed to The Executive Director, Centre for Environment Justice, Off Twinpalm Road, Monkey Close, Ibex Hill, Lusaka, Zambia and sent to the following email: ExecutiveDirector@cejzambia.org on/before 15th January, 2024.
- No late applications or submissions by any other media other than email will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly via email.